BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Belated Chinese New Year!

I haven't updated my blog for awhile because my computer had some sort of a virus on it. Thank goodness my husband is good at fixing EVERYTHING! Literally, he can fix anything that needs fixing. Lucky for me because unless it's me fixing dinner, hair, or make up, I am a complete moron! So, thank you babe for fixing my computer!!
Ok, so, the Chinese New Year is finally over...THANK THE LORD!! For an entire week, I hardly slept. Fireworks were going off non stop, all day and all night long. It sounded like a legit warzone outside for a week. I don't get it. I mean, I know the Chinese are proud of themselves for inventing fireworks or whatever but why light them off during the day? You can hardly even see them so it makes them not very swesome in my book. Like, who wakes up at 5 a.m. and is like "Hmmm...what should I do first today? Maybe eat a little breakfast? Maybe go for a morning jog? Wait! No! I got it! I should go light off a million fireworks and wake everyone and their kids up! It is going to be awesome!" To each their own I guess!
Not only are they loud, but we live on the 18th floor and the fireworks that are being lit off below us make their way right up to our story and the debris coming off from them is actually hitting our windows. It made hanging up the laundry a very jumpy chore for that week. I would be minding my own buisness and hanging the laundry out to dry, and then a firework would just explode right out in front of me! I may have peed a little on several occasions!
Chinese new year eve was definitely the craziest by far with the fireworks! It was just massive ammounts going off everywhere and as far as the eye could see. It really was amazing to witness. Here's a little video that shows just a fraction of the firework mayhem that was going on that night!

Pretty crazy, huh? And that went on pretty much all night long! Ava loved the fireworks for about 45 minutes and then she was getting irritated because she couldn't hear her movie that she was trying to watch. And our poor Ginger was so nervous with all the noise going on, but she eventually started to calm down. Anyway, besides all the fireworks, our week was very chillax. My husband had the week off of work so we went to the park a few times, went downt to the night markets, stopped at the mall, and relaxed at home and caught up on watching some movies. It was nice to just spend time together and not be bothered with no obligations. It is just so easy to be lazy! Aaaaahhh....That would be the life :) But, we have been back to reality now for a couple of weeks and are counting down the days until we come home!
Happy year of the Rabbit!!

0 comments: