BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oh, How We Will Miss The Night Markets!

The night markets sound super sketchy, right? Well, they are in some ways. The night markets is a block that is filled with different booths that people have set up. There are all sorts of things to choose from! Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, watches, sunglasses,hats belts, scarfs, perfumes, fans, decorations, pictures, wallets, pearls, luggage, bed sheets, hair accessories, phone covers, electronics, and course, DVDS.
These night markets get a little crazy. There are so many people and a lot of times you can't even stop at certain booths b/c you are just getting pushed on by in the crowd. There are so many people and you have to barter for everything so, it can get overwhelming sometimes. If you stick with it though, you will be very happy with the amazing bargins that you leave with. For example: I have 3 pairs of Uggs that I purchased from the night markets, and guess how much I paid for each pair? 20 bucks!! Are they real? Well, I will admit that while some things say a brand name, a lot of times they are knockoffs, but, these uggs seem legit. The knockoffs actually say "UCG" on the back instead of "UGG". The ones that I bought have "UGG" on the back. They all came in "Ugg" boxes and had the "Ugg" care instructions with them, so, if they aren't real, no one could tell the difference b/c everything looks and feels great.
Another Example of an amzing bargin is my white Chanel watch with cubics all around the face. How much did I get it for? 17 bucks!! It took a whole lot of bartering on my husbands end to get this price but it was worth it!Everything about this watch also seems to be legit, but, like I said, who knows. It either is, or they did such a great job making it look real that no one would know the difference.
And of course, my other favorite things are the Juicy Coture purchases I have made there. Never paying over 20 dollars for any of it.
Besides clothes, shoes, and jewelry being my personal favorite things to buy at the markets, DVDS make the whole family happy. Being out here with only a few english TV channels, Hulu and pretty much any website that let's you watch American TV being banned out here, the DVDS at the night markets are our only way we can see new movies and buy english TV shows. It also give us some comfort when we are feeling that homesickness. They are beyond cheap as well. 75 cents per DVD! Can't beat that!
The newer movies that are out in thaters in America you can also buy on DVD. Some of the copies aren't always the best but who cares when you paid less than a dollar to watch it. Plus, for Ava, she doesn't care if the movie is in HD or not. She is just excited to watch some kids movies! We just bought her Tangled and Mega Mind the other night and she is in HEAVEN! We had to get her all Repunzeled out! Her outfit was Rapunzel, and we had her hair all down with a flower in it like Rapunzel. She was loving it!

I might have a little model on my hands b/c she loves posing!
Oh, night markets! We will sure miss you! Thanks you for all of the amazing deals and "legal" copies of DVDS! You have made our time here in China a little more enjoyable in many ways!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kind of place! I would really like Joey's help with the bargaining though!! I just cave after a few of the cruise Mexico ports we've been to with the "bargaining"! Things are cheaper in UT at WalMart most of the time with the cruise ports "bargain street vendors". This actually sounds like I could get my way!!!Thanks for sharing a new demension of your life in China! xoxo Mom

Valerie said...

Are you kidding me, UGGs for 20 bucks? Cass I need to get some money to you to buy me some!!! My sis wants some for my niece and just the other day I was looking at some for Cianna. And the watch sounds awesome! I totally think we need to set something up so you can come home with a luggage full of cool things for me that I'll pay for of course. My part of Texas is not exactly trendy and the good stores are at least a few hours away in Dallas.

Paityn Ann said...

Hey old friend! I saw your blog though bri's so I had to say hello! you look amazing and your daughter is adorable!

SassieCassie said...

Paityn! OMG! Hi! I am so glad you found me!! How are you? I went to look at your blog...is it private cause i didn't see where I could follow you? my email is sassiecassie@gmail.com if you want to send me an invite!