BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Smelly Smells

For the past week, the little rectangular area in the parking garage of the our apartment building where you wait for the elevator has been "under construction". They have painted and re painted that little rectangle green. I don't undertsand Why. The entire basement garage is a non painted cement. Why are they painting this tiny little area? You are probably wondering why I even care, but believe it or not, this little “remodel” has caused way too many problems, the first and worst problem being the smell! I don’t know what kind of crazy paint they are using but it smells like no paint I have ever smelled before. It is SO STRONG and has made it’s way up into out apartment on the 18th floor. I have had a non stop headache for a week straight b/c of the smell. Even lightheaded at times. There is no way that it can be healthy. So, because of the smell, I have had to keep all of the windows open which is nice at times, but my entire apartment is all hardwood floors that are the perfect color for showing every little partticle dust. China is dusty outside, so, all of that comes inside and onto my floors and anything else with a resting area.
Another problem this paint job has caused is that b/c this area they have painted is the in and out entrance area for the elevator, you can no longer use the elevator to go down to the garage. Instead, you have to go to the first floor, walk outside and go down the stairs to the basement. Not a huge deal except when I need to take the dog out to the bathroom and it’s raining and my key won’t work to open the entrance door to our building so I'm just stuck outside waiting for someone to go in or out....it is not a fun time. I even prop the door open with a rock or something so I can get back in, but there is always some idiot who thinks they are the door police and they move the rock locking me outside again.
I guess I wouldn’t be so frustrated about this situation if there were no dangerous fumes coming up the stairwell and elevator shaft but there are and they are making me cranky. If I pass out and hit my head from these fumes, I will sue…or write a letter…or something scary! All of these unnecessary, frustrating situations for a green, painted, cement rectangle that these Chinese people have been taking their sweet ass time with finishing up. Any sort of renovations that they recieve, whether it be big or small, they will draaaaaag it out until it just drives you crazy! China! I have had enough of you! You have tested my patience over and over again and my departure day couldn’t come soon enough! Peace out China!

0 comments: