BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Little Post Dedicated To Miss Britney Spears

If any of you know me, you know that (1) I have been in love with Johnny Depp since the first time I saw Edward Scissorhands when I was 8 years old. And (2) I have loved Miss Britney Spears since the day I heard "Hit Me Baby One More Time" when I was 14 years old. I rememer My mom buying me her album and surprising me with it at good ol' Taco Bell. Ha ha! Why Taco Bell? Because my mom was on some low calorie diet and Taco Bell had the 7 layer burrito that she turned into a 4 layer burrito. We ate there seriously everyday for a whole summer. My mom lost a ton of weight though.... ANYWAY! back on track. I was so dang excited to put Britney's album into my CD player and try and dance like she did! I would tuck my shirt up and under so that my midriff was showing and even asked my mom to try and help me find the same lipstick and lip liner that Britney was wearing in her "Hit Me Baby One More Time" music video. I was a girl OBSESSED! I had Britney fever! and if she would have ever come over to my house and knocked on my door, I would have been her slave and wore my panties over my pants in public! No question about it. Everyone loved Miss Spears! She was hot! She was sexy! Her music made you wanna dance! and man could she dance! She was on top of the world and everyone was cheering on her fame and success. We all wanted more Britney.


In 2007 though, things started to get rough for Britney, and what did her fans do? They turned their backs to their favorite pop princess that was in distress and started bashing and judging her! Well, how RUDE! I don't need to go into every little detail about how she shaved her head and started whacking a paparazzi's car with an umbrella. Or how she decided to stop wearing her tighty whities and get out of the car proving to the world that she was ,indeed, all girl down there. And I know I don't need to remind you all of her lackluster performance at the MTV VMAS because we all know about every little detail that went on during this troubelsome time for her thanks to the tabloid and paparazzi that made sure that they involved themselves in every aspect of this stressful time.
While people, in general,were saying hurtful and negative things about Britney, the poor thing was suffering and was obviously having some kind of inner self struggle where she needed all of the love and support from her family, friends, and fans and not from that "non Doctor", Dr. Phil. How was all of this bad publicity doing her any good? How can a person start healing when no one has any faith in you and is waiting for you to make another wrong turn?
The thing is, is that all of us have had some kind of break down in some way or another, and if you haven't yet, you will. The difference between us and Miss Spears is that we aren't famous. Our hurt isn't publicized for everyone and their dog to read about and to watch.
Britney has been a pop idol since the young age of 17, and even before that, she was part of the Mickey Mouse Club. Always touring, always performing and recording. She has always been in the spotlight of the public eye. She had an A-hole cheater for a husband and 2 little boys. Most of us wouldn't be strong enough to have that pressure on our shoulders. Being not only a mother but a pop idol, having our every move followed, photographed and judged. It really was only a matter of time before she had some sort of a breakdown.
Britney actually released an album "Blackout" in 2007 when she was still working through her "issues" which a lot of people (including myself) were surprised about but, she was able to sing about some of the troubles she was going through like her song "Piece Of Me" that obviously explained some reasons why she was having some of the issues she was having.

"Wanna Piece Of Me"
"I'm miss american dream
Since I was seventeen
Don't matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
They still gon' put pictures
Of my derriere in the magazines
You wanna piece of me?
I'm miss bad media karma
Another day another drama
Guess I can't see no harm in workin
And being a mama
And with a kid on my arm
I'm still an exceptional earner
You wanna piece of me?
I'm Misses lifestyles of the rich and famous.
I'm Misses oh my God that Britney's shameless
I'm Misses extra, extra this just in
I'm Misses she's too big now she's too thin
I'm Misses you wanna piece of me
Tryin'a pissin' me off
Well get in line with the paparazzi
Who's flippin me off
Hopin I'll resort to some havoc
End up settlin' in court
Now are you sure you wanna piece of me?
I'm Misses most likely to get on the TV
For strippin' on the streets
When gettin' the groceries
For real, are you kidding me?
No wonder there's panic in the industry
I mean please
Do you wanna piece of me?"

Then, in December 2008, she released another hit album "Circus" and went on tour. I was lucky enough to get to go see her in concert that April. It was seriously AMAZING! Everything that girl does is nothing short of amazing!
Some were saying that she wouldn't make a come back. Now those people are choking on their words. Not to brag or anything, but I knew she would be back! Sexier and hotter than ever! Now with her new single out "Hold It Against Me" at the top of the charts, Britney has us all back on our toes again waiting to see what she will do next and we can bet it will be something memorable just like the time her and Madonna frenched on live, national televison. And Britney, to answer your question; Yes. Yes I will hold it against you. It's Britney bitches! and she isn't going anywhere!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring story about someone I didn't know well and that I got caught up in judging.ESPECIALLY with all the negative obsessions with the press ABOUT HER and rough times! So true we all have bad moments and meltdowns.
You never gave up on her character and her comeback! Good for you for your loyalty.
Any of us would appreciate having a loyal and assuring fan like you!
Your writing is really fun and interesting! Love always from mom